The Board of Trustees of MPERS has a fiduciary responsibility to the members and beneficiaries of the system. In recognition of this responsibility, the System has the following mission and vision statements.
“To provide a basic level of financial security to plan participants by delivering quality benefits and exceptional customer service through professional plan administration and prudent management of System assets.”
“To be the best retirement system we can be by making strategic investment decisions and implementing technological tools that streamline our processes and enhance customer service.”
- Our members are our number one focus….we work for them.
- Our goal is to provide exceptional service always, no matter who is on the phone or sitting across from us.
- We strive to preserve, protect, and grow our assets.
- We are committed to security and privacy of our members’ information.
- We make decisions in the best interest of our members based upon statutory guidance.
- We conduct business at a reasonable cost to the taxpayers of Missouri.