Purpose and Objectives
The primary objective of the MoDOT & Patrol Employees’ Retirement System (“System,” “Plan,” and “MPERS”) is to provide retirement benefits to active and retired employees and their beneficiaries. As part of this charge, the Plan will invest its assets in a diversified portfolio following prudent standards for preservation of capital, with the goal of achieving the highest possible rate of return consistent with the System’s tolerance for risk as determined by the Board of Trustees in its role as fiduciary.
1. Preserve the long-term corpus of the fund.
2. Maximize total return within prudent risk parameters.
3. Act in the exclusive interest of the members of the system.
Our investment beliefs:
1. Diversification is critical because the future is unknown.
2. Prudent asset management must first focus on understanding and balancing risk.
3. Flexibility in investment policy implementation is critical because various asset classes will be in or out of favor at different points in the economic cycle.