At MPERS, our mission is simple: Provide sustainable benefits for the lifetime of our members. To carry out this mission, our staff of 20 work diligently to ensure our members receive the highest level of service and that the funds entrusted to us are skillfully invested. Our smaller size allows our team members to collaborate across departments, regularly interact with every level of the organization, and have a tangible impact on our success.
MPERS strives to be an employer of choice in the Jefferson City area through our competitive pay, excellent benefits, work-life balance, and collaborative culture. On top of that, our work has a positive impact on thousands of Missourians’ lives. We hope you’ll explore our open career opportunities and contact HR@mpers.org if you have any questions.
Our team enjoys an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive Salaries – We regularly participate in compensation studies to ensure we’re providing competitive salaries to our team.
- Defined Benefit Pension – Our staff are members of the retirement plan we administer. Members of our plan are guaranteed a monthly benefit for life upon meeting a five-year vesting period.
- Deferred Compensation Savings – You can make pre- and post-tax contributions to Mo Deferred Comp. MPERS provides a $75 monthly match.
- Paid Vacation – Employees start off earning three weeks of vacation per year.
- Paid Sick Leave – Employees earn three weeks of sick leave per year.
- Holidays – Staff enjoy 13 paid holidays per year.
- Parental Leave – New parents are eligible for up to six weeks of paid leave.
- Insurance – Insurance benefits partially paid by the employer include medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance – The equivalent of one-year’s salary provided by the employer in term insurance with the option to purchase additional life insurance at a competitive rate.
- Educational Assistance – MPERS supports your professional development. We will pay to advance your education, including tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate degrees, continuing education, and professional development.
- Cafeteria Plan – The Missouri State Employees’ Cafeteria Plan allows you to pay for health, dental, and vision insurance premiums with pre-tax dollars. You can also pay for dependent care and many out-of-pocket medical costs with pre-tax dollars.